Analytics

woensdag 14 april 2010

Black Damnation / Struise Brouwers

Two weeks ago my brother in law (and alcohol) Steven Vermeylen, owner and operator of the best beerblog in the world introduced me to a beer wich I would later describe as an Alice in Wonderland experience: the Black Damnation series by our friends at "De Struise Brouwers"
"De Struise Brouwers" or "Sturdy Brewers" hailing from Oostvleteren were elected best brewers in the world by ratebeer.com 's readers in 2008. 

Black Damnation is a series of beers based on The Sturdy Brewers take on Imperial Stout called 'Black Albert'. Their plan is to create a complete series (12 in total) each with a very specific twist.

We tried three of them: Black Damnation, black Damnation III black Mes and Black Damnation IV Coffee Club.
That being said, I'm not risking a taste review. Wizer men have ventured farther in that field than I thusfar have and I won't risk ridicule. Still, I was blown away. This stuff doesn't taste good, it tastes interesting. Try 'em, if you can get 'em.

2 opmerkingen:

Long ago in a galaxy far away.